Protect yourself against Internet fraud!
The vast majority of ads are posted by honest people and trust. So you can do excellent business. Despite this, it is important to follow a few common-sense rules following to prevent any attempt to scam.
- Doing business with people you can meet in person.
- Never send money by Mobile Money, Western Union, MoneyGram or other anonymous payment systems.
- Never send money or products abroad.
- Do not accept checks.
- Ask about the person you're dealing with another confirming source name, address and telephone number.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (emails, ads, letters, etc.) and details of the person.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, there is every chance that this is the case. Refrain.
- We offer "Help To Buy" Where we contact seller on your behalf and deliver the item to you.
- All products listed can be delivered to you by Us.
- We advise all BUYERS to try as much as possible to contact us for product delivery.
Recognize attempted scam
The majority of scams have one or more of these characteristics:
- The person is far from where you are, abroad or travelling abroad.
- The person refuses to meet you in person.
- Payment is made through Mobile Money, Western Union, Money Gram or check.
- The messages are in broken language (English or French or ...).
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.
- The deal seems to be too good to be true.
Let Us by your first contact if you sense any fraudulent activity
Jaanor.com's safety measures
We work continuously to ensure you have a safe, enjoyable experience on Jaanor.com.
Our safety measures include:
- Hiding your email address on ads you post to protect you from spam.
- Giving you the option to hide your phone number on ads you post to protect you from spam.
- Making constant improvements to our technology to detect and prevent suspicious or inappropriate activity behind the scenes.
- Tracking reports of suspicious or illegal activity to prevent offenders from using the site again.
Reporting a safety issue
If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam, please report your situation to us immediately. If you have been cheated, we also recommend that you contact your local police department.
Jaanor.com is committed to ensuring the privacy of its users and therefore does not share information about its users publicly. However, we are committed to the safety of our users and will cooperate with the police department should we receive any requests for information in connection with fraudulent or other criminal activity.